Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Confused speech

A man and a woman were standing looking out the window of the living-room of their condo, staring at the empty street where a motionless body, crushed by an anonymous car for the last two hours was lying. “It has been two hours and the ambulance has not come yet!” said the woman. “Yes” agreed the man. “Shall we call them again?” she asked. “I do not think so” replied the man idly. “What should we do? The man might be still alive!” she asked nervously. “I do not think so” answered the man with the same distracted tone. “What do you mean I do not think so? Are you answering both questions?” she asked again. “I do not think so”. “Great” said the woman in a stressful manner. “I have to go work now. It is 8:30. I will surely be late today. That man must also be late for his job,” she continued. She went to her room, changed and went to leave when she realized that her husband is still standing and staring out the window at the miserable body. Incredulous she asked him: “What? Are you impressed by the scene?” “I do not think so” he responded. “Will you be late tonight?” added the man. “I do not think so” she answered smiling sarcastically. She opened the door and went out, while the man remained still in front of the window, waiting the ambulance to take the body in the street.

No comments: